Anyone associated with the University can create an account and submit events for approval to UWA Events online calendars.
These calendars are available as:
- What's On at UWA
- All events for the public that have been approved, past and future.
- Individual calendars
- Calendars for specific faculties, schools and other groups at the University. Individual calendars can be selected from the 'Choose another calendar' dropdown menu on the events website.
To submit events you must have an UWA Events account. Before events can be published to a calendar they must be approved by a calendar administrator. Once you have submitted your event, an email will be sent automatically to the administrator of the calendar, who can approve the event.
Events approved for any of the following calendars are distributed automatically to the UWA events mailing list ten days before the event, unless you specify otherwise:
- Events for the public
- UWA News
- External events held at UWA
- Academic events
- Arts and cultural events
- Sporting events
- UWA Student Guild events
- Student events
- UWA Extension
An 'events feed' device can be added to a Matrix web page, summarising recent events, and providing a link to the full contents of a specific calendar. To obtain an events feed, contact Digital and Creative Services.
Writing great event announcements
- In the introduction (the first sentence of the description), write what the event is about, who it is for, when and where it will be held.
- The introduction needs to be able to stand alone as a content item.
- Do not include web addresses in the introduction.
- Use sentence case in the title.
See more tips for what to enter in each form field and writing content that gets noticed.